YES, I stole money from my husband


,, TO ALL THE LADIES AND GENTLEMEN READING THIS...


 Yes, I did steal money from my ex-Husband's wallet.

 Every night.

 

 I did not get pocket money. What to do?

 

 I was made to quit my job to get married.

 This was the primary pre-condition to approve of this love-cum-arranged marriage.

 By the way, this was one of the many conditions.

 

 It was very very difficult inside my head to decide if I loved my career more or HIM.

 (THIS IS A DILEMMA A LOT OF GIRLS FACE TILL DATE)

 Finally, I agreed to choose him over everything else, ending my 5-year promising corporate career.

 

 The naïve, unexplored mind that I carried, told me that agreeing to all their conditions will  end this   3-year long struggle to be with him.

 And life would be “happily ever after” with him

 

 Least did I know, that marriage is not the end, but a beginning.

 

 In my case, a beginning of a new kind of struggle.

 

 For someone like me, who was not used to sitting at home and that too idle....it was really heart-   wrenching.

 I had started to wonder, why had I studied so much all my life if this was my fate.

 

 Mentally, I knew it was a choice I had made for myself and must live up to the consequences.

 Within the first month itself, we had a tiff and I ended up opening my box of feelings.

 

 I confessed I had left my job for him and now didn't know what to do.

 

 That day reality struck HARD when he blurted back... " You have left the job for yourself, not for me."

 

 I suddenly lost the ground below my feet   and 𝗳𝗲𝗹𝘁 𝘀𝗼 𝗮𝘀𝗵𝗮𝗺𝗲𝗱 𝗼𝗳 𝗺𝘆𝘀𝗲𝗹𝗳 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗹𝗲𝗮𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗺𝘆 𝗷𝗼𝗯 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝘀𝗼𝗺𝗲𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝘄𝗵𝗼 𝗱𝗶𝗱 𝗻𝗼𝘁 𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻 𝘃𝗮𝗹𝘂𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁   𝘀𝗮𝗰𝗿𝗶𝗳𝗶𝗰𝗲.

(DO YOU SEE A VALUE MISMATCH?)

 

 I felt bad asking for money for every little thing I needed and giving an explanation of WHY I needed   it.

 𝗗𝗼 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗲𝗺𝗽𝗮𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘇𝗲 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝘄𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗳𝗲𝗲𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗶𝘀?

 

 Things went from bad to worse over the next year 🙂

 

 To bring me closer to my MIL ( or to free himself from any liability), my ex-husband declared any the   money I needed would be sanctioned and released by his mother, only.

 

 This did hurt my self-respect now.

 

 Because I was not in the good books of my MIL, I was not granted money for almost all my needs.

 Needs I say.

 Not wants.

 The desires, they had died long back without me realizing it.

 

 Blessed I was, and I am that I don't have any habits or addictions.

 

 I used to steal 50 rupees, 20 rupees, some coins every day, not to come in his eyes.

 What did I do with that money?

 

 I used to gather that money and buy him Valentine’s Day gift, birthday gift, anniversary gift.

 In my mind, I was trying to nurture this relationship with every ounce of intent in my being.

 

 Turning every stone possible to keep it alive.

 Well, emotional fools we girls are. Aren’t we?

 Do you relate to this?

 

 While in his mind, he had already moved on.

 Without even feeling the need to communicate.

 

 The gifts kept lying there… untouched.

 Each time.

.

.

.

 Losing my financial freedom was my biggest mistake after all.

.

.

 

 #ModernMeerabai #PunitaLakhani #LifeCoach #JoyAmbassador #PersonalProductivity   #LoveYourselfFirst #MentalHealth #Mentor #MotivationalSpeaker #MillionaireMindset   #ToxicRelationships #NarcissisticAbuse #EmotionalAbuse #PsychologicalAbuse


Comments

  1. Financial indepedence and respect for partner are very important in any relationship.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts