FOLLOW YOUR HUNCH


When was it last you took a 35 hours train journey? Crazy it sounds right?

We all have come to a lifestyle where speed has become the only parameter for deciding between options. Whether is travelling or learning a new hobby, or even wishing a dear one on their big day.
This time, I chose to be different. Get back to the #GrowingUp times

Sitting here, watching the green vast-lands, coconut trees on the edges of the horizon; the peaking hilltops, trying to fit in to this limited screen-space. The peacocks nibbling at the insects in the grass, as they fly with the quiver of the passing train, unaffected by the movements around. The setting sun spreading its golden yellow light, something similar to what you’d like to see when you close your eyes and meditate! The village women returning to their homes balancing two pots of water each, on their heads, on paths grazed in grass by their frequent walks.

I don’t remember last when I took this long a journey, or when in future I will ever take one ( as its flights and flights always) I was completely overtaken by this present moment. For the first time in long, it was not an arial view, but a landscape view!!!

As the passing-by cargo train obstructs my vision, I realize, the constant left-right swing of my torso, which seemed to irritate me for all this while as I tried to write…seemingly feels like a rhythmic movement I have started to relish unknowingly. My left side lower seat giving me a full view of the now-orange sun, is the best thing that could have happened to me in this journey.

Listening to my favourite songs on my music player, I coulnt’t help resist the whacky bunch of memories I earned in the city I was leaving behind. #Delhi.

Why did I leave it? For a hunch. An intuition.

How much did it cost? Leaving a stable job. Selling off your possessions collected over four years. The professional connections. The precious friendships and a bunch of crazy fellows like me.
Flashes of people overtake the beautiful scenic sight. Like a black and white retake of all the moments.The warmth in their hugs, the care in their smiles, the love in their kisses, the affection in their words….left it all behind. That confidence that arose from having a virtual foundation I could rely on, in an unknown city. Those childish giggles on stupid stunts, those laughter bouts over silly horrendous jokes called PJs, those intense philosophical discussions, those nimble fingers that wiped my tears when it got difficult to hold them inside, those lengthy lectures when I didn’t know what to do with the situation at hand…

A long train whistle brings me back to mindfulness. The cargo train has long past gone. The sun has set The hustle and bustle in the coach with people packing their bags. Moms helping their kids put on shoes. The attendant checking for dinner menu…the train has slowed for the midway station arriving.
Wiping the corners of my eyes,loaded with moisture, I understood it took more grit than physically visible to take this decision to #MoveOn.

All this for what…your clairvoyance that tells you…you are meant for something bigger. Just go with the flow!
Suddenly you know it’s time to start something new and trust the magic of new beginnings….

So here is it. Modern Meerabai treads towards the Land of Gods…#Bangalore #Bengaluroo
To begin it all new

#NewBeginnings #HappyMe #LifeIsAJourney #ModernMeeraBai


Comments

  1. Great.. feel like.. I should also try.. this train trip and #FOLLOW MY HUNCH..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully narrated Puni Aka “the modern Mirabai”.I read it just now and I feel that you have another career option ahead..Love you ����
    All the best

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic. You bring the pictures live by your description. That's a quality of a good writer..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent and Heart warming 😊

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing construction of words.... it feels like you just read thru my mind and transformed my neuronal thought process to a piece of melancholy... guess life has fast forwarded in a break neck speed . Credit to you to show us the real one... keep them coming

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice. New opportunities awaits u in bangluru.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts