From #DataScience to Soul Science


Its always been a world of beliefs versus the world of logics. 

The Believers’ strength comes from the unflinching faith in the #OneSupremePower, whatever we may call it. Alternatively, the Logical-Thinkers cradle their survival on pragmatism and clarity


While pursuing my #DataScience course, in the world of #Statistics, #MachineLearning, #ArtificialIntelligence, where actions are driven by facts and the muscle-memory is programmed to make decisions basis proofs-at-hand ( data-driven insights), one sharp realization found its way to me that #science and #spirituality are not the two extreme ends of a dimension. But, at a higher altitude they collude to being ONE.


Both of them take you to a multi-dimensional space, allowing your imagination to take over!


In college one day, attending a lecture that surely was hard to survive, my outdistancing mind was trailed back to class when an inattentive Shradha (classmate) was pulled-up by the professor asking her to come back from the 7th Dimension she was in! The class burst into laughter at the wise crack of the professor implying her to come back from her imaginations, and I hereby was getting acquainted with the #DataScience jokes.


As the course progressed, we learnt that dataset with multiple parameters need to be visualized in a higher dimensional space and worked upon to understand their latent constraints.


The inquisitive mind ever-since has been getting familiar with finding the higher dimensions of the very-visible facts at hand, and discovering their latent limitations.


Applying this learning to human actions, their behaviors and responses, told me this held true for society too. At a higher altitude, understanding the underlying reasons of ‘why people behave how they behave’ turned out to be a success, getting me interested in the domains of #Psychology, finding the hidden reality.


Each one of us has their own core, their own reality: ‘ Vastavikta’


This intrigued me further to apply this syntax on myself.


Sitting down in my ritual meditation, I started applying science to my being. In the calmness of the multi-dimensional state that this deliberation took me, I saw myself opening up into threads of my DNA :  floating in space in all directions, trying to maximize their reach, yet knotted together at the core of the mesh.


 “What is this core? What is that binding agent that’s keeps you in place regardless of all the pull in all bearings?” The fascinated mind was seeking answers of who it really was? What properties, parameters, values were they that held me together at the core, and I don’t know them yet?


The most common of worldly pleasures I indulged in, nothing of it was found there, nothing of it mattered. That is the realization I call: ‘Vairagya’ which defines “I stay in the world, the world doesn’t stay in me”


The unnerving query is what has been pulling me back into practice every day, which I call ‘Vipassana’ helping me progress each day, in finding my real core.


While the #DataScience professors introduced me to the 3 Vs of #BigData : Volume, Variety and Velocity, the professor’s joke led me to discover the 3 Vs of Soul Science : Vastavikta, Vairagya and Vipassana


The two subjects feed into each other’s existence. Strengthening the mind to let the data speak more powerful. Clarity is what both of them get in return.

A journey in Soul Science is nothing but discovering your hidden data-insights, lying within you.


Comments

  1. U seem to have experienced transcendence ... More miracles might unfold as you just be in a state of choice less awareness... We are all part of fabric of life ... That idea is most sacred than all religious beliefs.. very beautiful article

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good n so true...
    Where ur logic mind stop working n unconditional trust on unknown power start playing a roal, you start experiencing unbelievable things witch r sometimes unexplaineble.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! Your best blog to date in my view...

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's beautifully penned, ma'am :)

    Psychology always makes science much interesting

    Coming up with the concept of 3 V's was the highlight for me. Actually tells the reader how deep you thought about it while writing this down.
    Always keep writing.

    -Aakash Yadav

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice comparison... very thoughtful

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really enjoyed your analogy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts