The #Silence of the #Hills


The sharp arrays of yellow white sunshine, forcing through the grey clouds to reach the crops and trees on these vast sliding grasslands, portray a sense of determination & responsibility to shower life to the dependent ecosystem around.

Sitting in the backyard of the guesthouse on the foothills of Himalayas, as I try to read my book, I am distracted rather intrigued by the sounds of nature which only this luxorius silence can provide.

Far up in the greens, the Shepard rings his dutiful bell to keep the cattle together, herding them ahead, bringing my closer attention to observe listen feel more of my surroundings.
The mehs of the sheep and the mows of the cows.
The water stream flowing next to me providing a continuous soothing enchantment like the base note of an orchestra that holds all the other notes together.
The bee buzzing near my ear which was disturbing till now, seemed to be a part this musical experience.
The cuckoo appeared to be on a agenda to impress, persistently calling out to me to locate her.
While the crow decided to play the antagonist today, letting her know he shared the same arena.

The distant chatter in the background of my colleagues didn't seem to affect me nor the eagles flying way up above in the sky, cutting through the clouds.
The glide, the flight, the sink and again the rise...spoke a lot about the power in her wings, the foresight of her vision and delight she was experiencing in her game.

Comments

Popular Posts